Exciting news!! I purchased my domain name so now it’s just Penniesontherun.com! Woohoo!! Now onto Friday Favorites…
Sweetfrog frozen yogurt on Memorial Day Weekend. I love love love frozen yogurt in case I haven’t made that ABUNDANTLY clear.
This is a picture of Mike’s nightstand. A copy of Runner’s World, a copy of Running Times (which he says has “more technical shoe reviews”), Advanced Marathoning, and Road Racing for Serious Runners. So.Hardcore.
We went up to Philadelphia on Sunday so Mike could buy a new motorcycle from this guy (yeah it happened). We stopped in the city to have lunch with Sarah, and walked by the Magic Gardens on our way to Supper on South Street.
Took Fig over to Mike’s house for a little playdate with Little Mac, and tried riding in the car out of the carrier. He was so much happier! He just cries and cries and cries in the carrier (not to mention he drew blood the last time I tried to put him in the carrier).
Mini bagels! Just enough carbs to make me feel totally satisfied by a salad lunch. This is also perhaps the most perfectly toasted bread item in history (in my humble opinion)
My Week in Workouts
- Early AM: 60 Minute Spinning Class
- Cascades 10K (Run 6.2 miles)
- Rest Day
- Run 5 Miles
- Lunch: 60 minute Cardio / Strength Intervals Class
- After work: 75 minute Level 2 Hot Power Yoga Class
- Lunch: Cardio Session (20 minutes Hill Workout on Elliptical and 20 minutes Hill Workout on Stair Master)
- After work: Track Workout (Woohoo I actually did it! We did a half mile warm up, then 500 M at 5K pace followed by 300M recovery jog. Do this 8 times. My 5K pace was between 7:44 min / mile and 8:16 min/mile – between 2:25 and 2:35 for each 500M interval.)
- Lunch: 60 minute Cardio Strength Intervals Class (I wanted to go to early AM yoga but I was really wiped out from Tuesday / Wednesday’s workouts so I gave my body a small rest)
A drum circle in Meridian Hill Park on a beautiful Sunday afternoon
An afternoon spent on a blanket in the sunshine, reading and playing Go Fish (which is not just for kids, and Mike is better at it)
Mike trying out his cousin’s bike. He has been looking at them on Craigs List ever since. I’m partial to the bike he already has though, it’s easier for me to ride on it 🙂
Salted Caramel Yogurt from Pinkberry with Dark Chocolate Crisps and Brownie Pieces (and Elsa in the background)
This picture Mike put on Facebook of me the morning of my marathon. Aren’t I a joy??
Oral hygiene is very important though 🙂
And finally a picture of Elsa finishing her first half marathon in October 2011. This is actually sad because Elsa is moving from DC to Boston next week. I am going to miss her so much!!