Saw this fun survey on Carrots’n’Cake this morning and I decided to do it too. I love surveys / quizzes like this. One time on an 8 hour road trip to South Carolina, a bunch of friends and I did this dating personality quiz and it was easily the best car ride of my life.
Anyways this is a “This or That” quiz all about health and fitness.
1. Run/workout in the heat and humidity or freezing temps and snow?
Freezing temps and snow. I’m a long run lover. When it’s cold, it starts hard but gets easier as your body warms up. When it’s hot, it starts hard and just gets harder the longer you’re in the heat. I ❤ winter running.
2. Have washboard abs or flat abs?
Flat… more than anything though, I want a strong core that helps me perform better athletically. Aesthetically, I prefer a flat / lean look than ripped / washboard abs.
3. Dr. Oz or The Doctors?
Neither. I don’t watch these shows and I’m not really a supporter of them either. Sometimes I think they can do people a lot of good, but I think they can also provide information that people don’t understand and it scares them.
4. Cardio or strength?
I’m a runner at heart… so cardio is my jam. I know how important strength training is, especially since a lack of strength training caused me a knee injury / half a running season on the bench. I strength train 2 – 3 times per week, but cardio has my heart.
5. Cravings: Protein or carbs?
Carbs… hands down. I’ve literally never said “omg I would kill someone for a chicken breast right now.” Pasta, bagels, and sweets… OH MY!
6. Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper?
Jillian Michaels. I really like the way she links emotional issues with weight issues. As a former fat kid and self-proclaimed emotional train wreck, I totally agree with how important that link is.
7. Frozen Yogurt or Ice Cream?
Frozen Yogurt… especially from Sweet Frog. With a ton of toppings like the strawberry juice poppers and chocolate covered sunflower seeds.
8. To train: Upper body or Lower body?
Upper body. I kind of hate my arms so I’m always working on trying to tone them.
9. Protein powder or food with protein?
Food with protein. I almost never eat protein powder, unless it’s in a smoothie or chia seed pudding. It’s not a regular part of my diet. I firmly believe in getting required nutrients from food, when it is most bioavailable.
10. Lunges or squats?
Squats… I hate lunges! They hurt my knee.
11. Sweet or salty?
Sweet! My “treats” are almost always sweet foods.
12. Workout attire: cute or comfy?
I’m going to cheat and say both because I think CUTE clothes are more comfy. I cannot exercise in cotton tshirts or tank tops… I positively hate them. I prefer work out clothes in technical fabrics that hug my body and move with me. I hate loose fitting clothes that I have to keep adjusting during a workout. I made the mistake of wearing a tshirt to yoga one time and literally almost strangled myself in my first downward facing dog.
13. Body Pump or heavy lifting?
I guess body pump. I used to take this class a lot at my old gym. I don’t belong to a gym anymore, but I do more circuit style workouts with light-ish weights.
14. Yoga or Pilates?
Yoga, yoga, yoga, yoga, yoga. I LOVE YOGA. I’ve done pilates on a number of occasions but it’s not my favorite.
15. Nike or Adidas?
Nike. Basing this decision totally on footwear and I love my LunaRacers 🙂 In terms of apparel, I usually wear Lululemon, Lucy, Athleta, or Target.
16. Running on the treadmill or outdoors?
Outdoors… 100%. I hate the dreadmill. The only way I can do the treadmill is if I’m doing speed work.
17. Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s?
Trader Joe’s. I hate Whole Foods. It’s so expensive I can’t even get started. Trader Joe’s is amazing. They have great prices on great quality food.
18. Summer or Winter Olympics?
Summer. I love skiing, but summer Olympics has swimming, track, AND gymnastics
19. Exercises classes or exercise videos?
Classes. I get a lot of motivation from the instructor and the people around me. Also, I feel really dumb sometimes when I do exercise videos at home. I don’t have a good space for it and the cats are always in my way.
20. Steamed veggies or roasted veggies?
Roasted. Mike loves steamed veggies but roasting is my jam… they are SO tasty.
Thoughts of the Week:
1. I have all these awesome recipe posts that I want to put up and I just can’t get it together to get the photos I need uploaded. I’m sorry blog buddies.
2. The piling on the miles this week has totally sucked. There’s a lot of reasons for that and I won’t bore you with them. I’ve also been feeling like my stuff is messy and my schedule is all off. I smell a massive scheduling / organizing binge coming on. Lucky me 🙂
3. Fig has slept curled up with my every night this week. He is my favorite 🙂
4. We’re having a housewarming brunch party on Sunday!! I am SO excited. Also, next week at work is our annual Thanksgiving Potluck Lunch. Dude… I mean… best.week.ever.
Have a great weekend <33